cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RFID - 2700/WCS Tag accuracy issues - Help!!

walkerf
Level 1
Level 1

Ive installed an RFID system, 2700, 2 x 4402 and wcs all version 4 software (need to check exact versions)

Using Aeroscout tags, however they seem to be about 5 metres out on the maps of the wcs.

When i do a search for the tags via the controllers on the WCS and i select the map on the righthandside of the screen it gives a very accurate location.

in a nutshell the maps on the wcs arent giving accurate tag locations but when i search for TAGs via the Controllers in the WCS it gives very acurate locations.

Could anyone help??

Thanks

1 Reply 1

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

In the controller Ensure that RFID tag tracking is enabled in each controller. In WCS enable tag polling within the Location Appliance settings. In WCS make sure 'Show 802.11 Tags' is selected from the dropdown View menu in the Network Diagram's floor map view.

By default, RFID asset tag tracking is not enabled. This feature needs to be turned on in each controller for the 2700 to be able to track tag location. To enable this feature, telnet or SSH into the controller and use the 'config rfid status enable ' command from the CLI.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card