cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 24 port switch that supports intervlan routing and POE?

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to find a 24 port switch that supports intervlan routing and POE that falls within our budget. The lowest end switch I know of is the 24 port 3560G. Are there any other options that may be less costly?

Any ideas? Please let me know if you do.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Vicky

4 Replies 4

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Vicky,

It looks like the WS-CE500-24PC would be the lowest cost option based on your specified requirements. Remember that this is not an enterprise managed switch. If you do require an enterprise manageable switch the 3560-24PS would be the better option. Also if you need full gigabit connectivity use the 3560G-24PS.

HTH,

Mark

Scratch the 500 series switch. I forgot about you needing inter VLAN routing. The 3560 will be your best bet.

Mark

Mark,

Vicky needs intervlan routing therefore CE500 is not an option; 3560s recommendation is the lowest cost option for a new switch supporting intervlan and PoE

Gary,

Nice catch! As soon as I hit post I saw intervlan routing and immediately corrected myself.

Thanks,

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: