"On Exception GoTo" doesnt work nicely.

Unanswered Question
Aug 19th, 2008

Hi

I am building a script in which in Non business hrs if a callers calls, he needs to record a message input his phone number. This whole emssage is then played to on call engineer and he returns the call.

Now if the caller hangs up in between, the information should still go to engineer.So I added onexception goto (ContactInactive.exception) contact enginner step.

This step works correctly when I leave message and end the message with the #. BUT if I dont press # but try disconnecting the phone the engineer is not contacted. When I added the exception it did it once but next test on it doesnot invoke the exepction.

Can anyone help?

Regards

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jonathan Schulenberg Fri, 08/22/2008 - 20:33

After the On Exception GoTo redirects the script to the appropriate label, you need to add a Clear Exception (contactinactive.exception) step to allow the script to proceed on to other logic.

Start

Accept

.... Logic

On Exception (contactinactive) GoTo DELIVER_MESSAGE

... Recording

Label: DELIVER_MESSAGE

Clear Exception (contactinactive)

... Outbound logic

You may also wish to add a new On Exception step to watch the outbound call you are making to the engineer.

shrutid22 Mon, 08/25/2008 - 00:06

Hi

Thank you for this. I am exactly doing this.

this on exception (contact inacitve) works very fine when the triggering contact is dropped at a stage before recrding the message or after recording the message and ending it with #.

If I end the triggering contact while recording the message, the exception is not invoked.

ONLY when I start recording the message and dont press # and instead cut the call.

Can you think of something?

Let me know

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion