cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Config Fetch Fails

krhashbarger
Level 1
Level 1

I have been getting the following error when I archive my configs: CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed. The configuraiton file is backed up fine, its just the vlan.dat file that does not work. my transport protocols are Telnet, then TFTP. I am using RME 4.1.1

15 Replies 15

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What type of device is this? Does it have a vlan.dat on flash?

Thats the thing. Those switches do not have a vlan.dat file, because there is no vlans configured on those devices.

Then this is my bug, CSCsq66458. If you contact TAC, you can get a patch for RME 4.1.1.

I opened a TAC case on this for them to send me the patch. Thanks.

I am having the same problem...I am running RME 4.2.0.

Is there still a bug?

To fix this you have to copy a vlan.dat file from a switch that has one on the flash. Then TFTP that vlan.dat file to the switches that do not have one. That is what fixed my problem.

Thanks. Are you talking about a default vlan.dat file?

yes

Did you get instructions from TAC on how to do this?

Its just mainly tftp a vlan.dat file from another switch, then tftp that file to the switches that do not have one. They do not have a patch out for this yet, so this is a work around.

OK, Thanks. I am assuming by your response that ANY vlan.dat file will do? I want to make sure before I do this. I do not want to 'break' anything when I do this. Thanks again.

I found another work around. Simply create a VLAN and ust keep it shutdown. I used VLAN 2 and issed the shutdown command, resync'd the archive and voila.

The patch is certainly available, and has been given out to a number of customers. However, it is now out of date. If you have a newer version of the SharedDcmaCatIOS package, my patch will overwrite it, and could break other things. Therefore, the workaround is recommended now until LMS 3.2 comes out this summer.

The creation of a vlan and a name worked for me too.

vlan 2

name TEST

and it created a VLAN.dat file in flash.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: