Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA5505 Stop Responding

mnour401917_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have this strange problem with one of my clients ASA5505. The problem is that it stops passing traffic and does not respond to ping. In order to fix it the client has to reboot the ASA5505, it works fine for few hours' and stops responding again.

Setup is

PCs---Ms ISA-----Cisco ASA5505----Internet.

Any ideas why the ASA5505 will stop respond suddenly? Could it be a proxy ARP issue? Is the ASA5505 somehow sees the MS ISA as a threat and not respond to it.

Thanks for your help.

Nour

2 Replies 2

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There could be numerous reasons, you have to monitor the logs and other stuff carefully before anyone can help you.

However the condition you describe is quite serious and rarely occurs on the ASA "stops passing traffic and does not respond to ping".

Check the CPU/Memory/Utilization etc.

Regards

Farrukh

allen.malanda_2
Level 1
Level 1

I've seen similar issue. My client was using a syslog server whenever the syslog server becomes unreachable or freeze up. The ASA 5505 stop sending traffic to different VLANs. Please check your ASDM logs when this happen again, and post up the error message.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card