cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscopca initial password change

askq2forum
Level 1
Level 1

any way of forcing subscribers to change their password on 1st login to PCA - the TUI forces it in the enrollment but I can't see where to set PCA to do it (account policy in the domain somewhere??)...cheers, jag

5 Replies 5

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

The ciscopca logon is your widows ad logon. you can force your password to have to change in windows. then the cpca will change also.

Hope this helps

Randy

Ran, thanks for the reply. I have set minimum password age to 0 and max password age to be 90 days.This had no affect on existing accounts so I also changed the existing AD account to change password at next login - this stopped the pca login altogether i.e. could not login. This is VM only not UM so user has no need to login to AD...any other suggestions appreciated...Jag

Hi -

Just my opinion, but offering ciscopca to your users, even though they are vm-only is a nice feature. For example, if users forget their voicemail password in the TUI, it is easy to login to Unity Assistant and reset password, thereby saving help desk ticket. Because the user authenticates via AD, Unity does not require the user to know TUI password. User just has to select new password, confirm and save and the next time uses the TUI, password is updated. When we deploy Unity, we include this training for users. Additionally, updating the Alternate greeting is so much easier in PCA than calling in to voicemail, plus our users can get access by using SSL VPN when at home.

Ginger

Ginger thanks for your reply - what you are saying that the only way we could possible do this is to train the users to manually change their own pca password - the system can't force anyone to do it , is that right?...Jag

Hi -

No, not the PCA password as this is the user's Active Directory account password. I meant the TUI (Voicemail) password. Users can change their voicemail password using PCA. It's just another way for users to update voicemail settings in a friendly GUI interface, instead of using the Setup Options menu from the Unity voicemail conversation.

Ginger