How to remove + from inbound DID - CUCM 6.1?

Answered Question
Aug 20th, 2008
User Badges:

SIP trunk provider is delivering DID's in E.164 format prefixed with the + symbol.

Is it possible to strip the + symbol so we can deliver the calls to the proper extensions?

Application dial rule?

Thanks

Correct Answer by Chad Stachowicz about 8 years 9 months ago

Well is this a trunk into CCM or a gateway?

If its CCM, then set your significant digits on the trunk to 10, this is assuming they are delivering 11 digits in the form of "+2222222222". This would strip the leading digit of +. If its terminiated on a gateway, make a translation profile on the H323 Gateway in order to match the final 10 digits only and save it.

HTH, Please rate useful posts.

Chad

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Chad Stachowicz Wed, 08/20/2008 - 08:58
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Well is this a trunk into CCM or a gateway?

If its CCM, then set your significant digits on the trunk to 10, this is assuming they are delivering 11 digits in the form of "+2222222222". This would strip the leading digit of +. If its terminiated on a gateway, make a translation profile on the H323 Gateway in order to match the final 10 digits only and save it.

HTH, Please rate useful posts.

Chad

adalandrade Wed, 08/20/2008 - 14:31
User Badges:

Chad, I am almost in the same boat , I need to send "+" from CCM to the Service Provider, is there a way to do it in the CCM ? . It is a SIP TRUNK.

nyciscotech Wed, 08/20/2008 - 16:19
User Badges:

Thanks for the quick response, that fixed it!

Re: Outbound appending the prefix of + I requested the service provider to remove this requirement as I was unable to find a workaround built into CM.

adalandrade Wed, 08/20/2008 - 16:55
User Badges:

nyciscotech, are you using a the VG as an SBC gateway ?

I've been evaluating this idea of a SBC to prepend a "+" for outgoing calls, as the CCM does not allow it .

Also let me know if you had any problems with your SIP Trunk (from CCM to your SP).

thanks

aa

nyciscotech Thu, 08/21/2008 - 05:28
User Badges:

AA -

Using the SIP trunk terminated directly to CCM for beta testing. Will also be introducing a IPIPGW into the mix configured as H323 which will allow for better digit manipulation as well as appending the + prefix on outbound calls.

NYCT

Actions

This Discussion