cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX Route lookup failed

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

My ASA continues to report route lookup issues for a number of networks on the outside interface, but if I attempt to ping these address, I can get to them, has anyone seen this?

8 Replies 8

srue
Level 7
Level 7

those sorts of errors shouldn't be taken so literally. the pix/asa will give route lookup errors for other non-route-related issues, such as NAT misconfigurations.

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have a default route pointing towards the outside? Also what is the number of the syslog message?

This syslog does not always mean a route lookup failure, it can be fired for other reasons also.

Regards

Farrukh

Thanks guys for responding so quickly.

We do have a default route on the ASA. We receive this alert (from our mars box) atleast one an hour.

How can I go about troubleshooting this issue, what can I look for if it is NAT related?

Ideas?

Is the address it is reporting typically the source address of a remote access vpn user?

Yes they are. What does that mean?

Don't know, haha...I know it happens to me as well. Don't think it's anything to be concerned about.

LOL really?

Yes, I created a drop rule on my Mars because I was tired of seeing them and they are obviously not causing any issues with vpn clients.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: