cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.0.1 DNS Issue...

thegner
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Single Primary CUCM in production. I added another CUCM as a Secondary to the cluster. I never fully got the second CUCM licensed and configured. I removed the second CUCM from the cluster (deleted the server entry on the CM admin site) and powered off the secondary CUCM.

My primary CUCM is randomly hanging at different points in any web administration site. A packet sniff reveals that it is hammering my DNS servers for the name of the secondary CUCM, but oddly it is not the fully qualified name that I registered that CUCM with. In my initial setup, i may have attempted to register that name (non-fqdn) and deleted it. My Primary CUCM has no default domain configured.

I have rebooted the CUCM to no avail, and I am wondering if I'm missing something from the server removal process...

Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The subscriber is most likely still referenced in the host files on the Pub, the only way to modify those files is with root access for which you will require TAC case.

There has been several defaects on host file issues.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: