Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet Me Request

eljose_lol
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have a cluster 5.1 CCM server`s, one publisher and 2 subcriber, and i need to configure Meet me feature, how i know what`s the max number of conference and max number of user per conference,

thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jose,

With the Software Conference Bridge;

128 Streams

128 with 48 Users in each = 3

128 with 24 Users in each = 6

128 with 16 Users in each = 8

128 with 8 Users in each = 16

128 with 4 Users in each = 32

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jose,

These number are for the Software Conference Bridge available on CCM :)

Cisco Conference Bridge Software

Software conference devices support G.711 codecs by default.

The maximum number of audio streams for this type equals 128. With 128 streams, a software conference media resource can handle 128 users in a single conference, or the software conference media resource can handle up to 42 conferencing resources with three users per conference.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmsys/a05confb.html#wp1035397

The default number of Maximum MeetMe Participants (per Conference) is set at 4.

To increase the Maximum number of MeetMe participants (we have ours at 16);

Go to:

Service Parameters Configuration >Clusterwide Parameters (Service)>Maximum MeetMe Conference

Here is some additional info;

Conference Bridge Configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801ecf8a.html

Adding a Meet-Me Number/Pattern

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801ecf96.html#76011

Hope this helps!

Rob

this is independent of type server that i am using? 7845-h2?

thx very much for de reply

Hi Jose,

These numbers are not dependant on the server model (but the 7845-H2) should serve you well in this endeavour :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

ok, thx, and do you know how much these mumbers?

Hi Jose,

If you are wondering about the co$t for this?? This is a built-in function on Callmanager :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob

No, i mean the max confer and user that the 7845-h2 server can support

Hi Jose,

With the Software Conference Bridge;

128 Streams

128 with 48 Users in each = 3

128 with 24 Users in each = 6

128 with 16 Users in each = 8

128 with 8 Users in each = 16

128 with 4 Users in each = 32

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob

Thx very much

Hi Jose,

You are most welcome my friend :)

Take care,

Rob

Rob,

In response to your math above, is that dependent on how many MeetMe numbers are created or how many are simultaneously in use?

Thanks

Brian

128 / Maximum MeetMe Conference Unicast value = # of simultaneous meet-me conferences.

the amount of actual meet-me DNs can be higher, lower or the same.

be aware those 128 streams are for meet-me and adhoc so if you use all for meet-me then no ad-hoc conferences can be done on that SW CFB

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ok. The reason why I ask this is because we have 20 MeetMe DN's setup but can only have 6 people in a MeetMe session. I've changed the Cluster settings but it didn't make a difference. We only have a little over 200 phones registered and most of those are in our call center, so I don't think we will be having that many AdHoc conferences going on at one time.

Oh yeah, I'm running CCM 4.1.3 not 5.1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: