cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete an ADP Profile

junp14
Level 1
Level 1

We have a problem enabling a Cisco 7960 device for Extension Mobility. Whenever we check the checkbox in the IP Phone (device) configuration page, we get "Method Call Failed (4)" and I think this is because there is an orphaned ADP for this phone. Does anyone know how to delete the ADP for this IP Phone? I tried using BAT and I am not able to do so, I also get an error. There's no way I can delete an ADP in Call Manager Phone COnfiuration page, I can only list under Device Profile.

Please let me know if you have any idea how I can cleanly remove an Auto-Generated Device Profile in the Call Manager so I can enable this IP Phone for Ext. Mobility.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jun,

You may be running into CSCsl33794.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsl33794

If you are comfortable with SQL, remove the references in the Telecaster table for the orphaned ADP then delete the ADP profile from the Device table via SQL server enterprise manager.

1. Find the pkid of the unwanted ADP in Device table.

2. Open the Telecaster table and find the row which has fkdevice = pkid of the unwanted ADP. Delete this row.

3. Delete the unwanted ADP row in device table. (eg. DELETE FROM Device where Name = 'ADPaabbccddeeff')

You might run into referential constraints, for example if the unwanted ADP is subscribed to a service, so every field that references the unwanted ADP device would have to be removed for you to successfully delete the device.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jun,

You may be running into CSCsl33794.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsl33794

If you are comfortable with SQL, remove the references in the Telecaster table for the orphaned ADP then delete the ADP profile from the Device table via SQL server enterprise manager.

1. Find the pkid of the unwanted ADP in Device table.

2. Open the Telecaster table and find the row which has fkdevice = pkid of the unwanted ADP. Delete this row.

3. Delete the unwanted ADP row in device table. (eg. DELETE FROM Device where Name = 'ADPaabbccddeeff')

You might run into referential constraints, for example if the unwanted ADP is subscribed to a service, so every field that references the unwanted ADP device would have to be removed for you to successfully delete the device.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Michael,

That fixed my problem. Thanks very much!!!

You are welcome, Jun. Thanks for the update and the good news. Thanks also for the opportunity to assist here.

Regards,

Michael.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: