cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Erroneously stopping single ICM service on server

K_require
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, If any engineer erroneously stops the single service (e.g. pgagent service on PG), then how to restart that service? Do I need to stop/start only the ICM service associated OR do I need to restart all the ICM services on that server? Do I need to restart the services on other servers also?

3 Replies 3

If you stop one service, just restart if and you should be fine. Personally, I prefer to have all active services on one side, but that's just a personal preference.

david

ICM services are automatically restarted by ICM node manager which in turn is itself automatically restarted by the node manager maanger.

If you stop pgag by going to services, you may restart it without any problem but I don't believe you have to.

If you 'X' out a pgag process for example to kill it, you will see it starts again as well.

Anjali's reply is indeed right provided that you did not set the service to a manual start or changed the process startup registry key to manual instead of automatic.

Regards,

Riccardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: