Views
Helpful
Replies

CALLMANAGER 4.1 UPGRADE ISSUE

chuks
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am in the process of upgrading a CallManager Software running Windows 2000 Advanced Server on MCS7845 server from version 4.1(3) sr6 to version 6.0 using a CallManager upgrade CD. it is required that i migrate the existing database on Callmanager 4.1 to 6.0 using the Data Migration Assistant (DMA) utility version 5.1.2b but i encountered some challenges when running the DMA process with both DMA version 5.1.2b and 6.0.

I am using a backup database size of 1.5GB for this migration and i am prompted with the error messages of "modExportDatabase=Failure" , "Could not complete database processing successfully", "Failed to verify Cisco CallManager database and directory backed up data", "The database and/or directory cannot be migrated as they are", "Verification of DB in IDS failed. Retaining the TAR file as it is","The results are : Backup - Successful. Validation - Failed".

I have uninstalled and reinstalled DMA of both versions on several occasions and yet unsuccessful.

Please does anyone have any ideas on this?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

first of all you need to use the DMA for the version you're going to use. 5.1(2) is to migrate to 5.1(2) so if you're going to 6.0 you cannot use that DMA

did you ran a BARS backup before to make sure of DB integrity??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks for the reply.

I have also used DMA version 6.0 and my upgrade path is to Callmanager 6.0 but i had same issue. I read a documentation sometime ago that DMA can be used for a database size of <2GB (I am currently using a database size of about 1.5GB).

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem?

you would need to read the DMA logs to find out what's causing the error since there are too many things that could cause that

HTH

java

HTH

java

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Chuks,

The are certain validation checks that are made when DMA runs, and one or more of them are failing. The DMA logs will show the details of the problem. I suggest that you collect the DMA trace files described in this link, and submit them to the TAC for review:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/dma/5_0_x/dmaug502.html#wp46011

Regards,

Michael.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: