cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCMBE CFA to AA

stathopoulos1
Level 1
Level 1

How do I mask the digits of a DN that is Call Forwarded ALL to another extension that then winds up in the Voicemail. The Unity is attempting to direct the call to a mailbox or Call handler based on the originating DN, while I would like it to use the forwarding DN treatment of the device that it is being forwarded TO. i.e.:

8992 (and others) are CFA to 7000 which then CFNA to an AA in the Unity. Unity is looking for something to associate 8992 with, while I would like it to play the AA that is associated with 7000. We have 10 sites (2801 SRST's) that are forwarding to the main site after hours so callers reach the AA.

I have a workaround where I have them forwarding to a DN that I CFA off switch and dials 481-7000(main number), but I'm thinking there must be an easier way.

Could someone clue me in?

Thanks in advance,

George

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi George,

This is normal, if you are using most voicemail systems including Unity Connection or Pre-5.x Unity voicemail this is working as expected.

The problem (as you nicely noted :) lies in the fact that Unity Connection sees the First Redirecting or Originally Dialed number (8992's CLID rather than the Last Redirecting Number (7000's).

For this type of setup you can configure a Voicemail profile (in CCM) for 7000 and apply it to 8992 that will allow this type of Call Forward to 7000's AA mailbox. But this does remove the ability for 8992 to have a Personal Mailbox.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the reply, Rob.

My issue is that these sets do indeed have MB's associated with them. I'd like the Unity to ignore that fact when calls are hard forwarded to another extension.

have u tried to creat a CTI RP lets say it number is 5000

and on the phone number 7000 make the CFNA to 5000 and on the CTI make the CFA to voice mail

on on unity

creat call routing rule for forwarded or direct and match calling/called number then forwarded to 7000 voice mail

this can be done for each phone u want it to have this ability

in this case creat a CTI for each one as well

OR instead of making call routing rule

as we have created a cti creat VM profile for this CTI and make the VM profile mask as 7000 this case the call will be edned to 7000 VM

this should be done individualy for each number with its own CTI and VM profile

good luck

if helpful Rate

Thank You, marwanshawi.

I will give it a shot and let you know the results.

george

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: