Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator and Multicast Paging

Michel.thebeau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have multicast paging enabled on the CM. But it does not seem to work for IP Communicator IP softphones.

pagin-dn is on for the soft phones... for example:

ephone 4

video

mac-address xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

paging-dn 52

type CIPC

button 1:4

I wanted to first confirm that IP Communicator will do multicast paging.

Software version 2.1.3.0

Thanks in advance.

Michel

4 Replies 4

jlindler
Level 1
Level 1

CIPC will do multicast paging.... If fact that is how I enabled paging through overhead speakers and phones simultaneously.

In my experience, multicast paging issues are most commonly the result of having the affected device on a different VLAN from the rest of the phones and not having mulicast routing enabled.

Awesome, thank you. Back to troubleshooting I go.

Yes, IP Communicator does support multicast. I just tested sending and receiving a page via PhoneTop Messenger paging system and it worked.

Thank you for your responses.

I have resolved the issues as follows:

- I had changed the network size for voice demo from /26 to /27 and neglected to change the netmask on the voice router (teehee oops)

- I deleted and recreated the ephone setting for the CIPC type.

I believe that correcting the netmask on the voice router may resolve inconsistent behavior for all voice clients doing multicast paging. The CIPC phone still did not work, but deleting and recreating the phone in call manager fixed that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: