cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing on 3560

jamie.mai
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we are going to be splitting traffic between a point to point T1 and an Internet connection and we have a router for each. What I was trying to do was to split the traffic at the 3560. I have setup a vlan for local lan traffic which has an interface for default gateway for the lan. Also have a routed port for each router. The switch has connectivity to everything but my test client can't see anything past the routed ports. What am I doing wrong or will this even work? I set up a static route and that doesn't help. The 3560 doesn't have pbr btw. Will attach config - thanks for any help...

3 Replies 3

It isn't just the 3560 you will need to consider, if you are introducing a new IP network then you need to make all the other routers aware of this. You can do this with static routes on each device, however as things grow administration becomes an issue. That is when a routing protocol comes into place...

In your configuration I assume 10.0.1.0/24 is at the remote end of the T1, however FastEthernet0/47 has IP address 10.6.6.2/24 and your route points to 10.0.0.253 as a next-hop. This isn't on the same subnet as the FastEthernet0/47 interface?

It might be worth posting the other devices configurations.

Andy

Thanks for the quick responses guys. Yup, I was missing a matching route on the 10.4.4.1 router. Also I removed spanning-tree portfast from the routed interfaces. Now it works! And you are right about the other router, it hasn't been reconfigured yet and is still in use at 10.0.0.253 which is why that port doesn't match - will change that later. As far as a routing protocol I attempted that but haven't got it to work so far in this setup. Anyway, thanks a lot!

Jamie

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jamie,

config looks like fine just remove spanning-tree portfast on the routed ports.

For going to the internet some device needs to do NAT.

has been the NAT config updated for the nets connected to the C3560 ?

Have you configured the return static routes on the two routers connected to the routed ports ?

Otherwise you cannot reach behind the routed ports of C3560.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card