cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SMB Timeouts

metro-jsmith
Level 1
Level 1

I just started experiencing SMB/CIFS timeouts over one of my core clusters when copying any(and I stress ANY) files. The error you would receive indicates that the server connection was interrupted or the location no longer exists. I can RDP to the server, FTP, and basically anything other than transfer files via Windows Copy. Browsing was also painfully slow. I removed the connectivity group for the given server and no more timeout issues. My setup is 2 WAE 612's on each end running balanced fail-over. All are running WAAS 4.0.19.b.14 . I didn't have a problem before and then just out of the blue this popped up. The machines I used for testing the connection are Windows XP(pro) as the client and the server is a Windows 2003 64Bit storage server. Any thoughts on this one?

2 Replies 2

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would definitely hop on the network interfaces and ensure that they are not set to Autonegotiate. Double check both the WAEs and the Switch/Router interfaces. I have seen it in the past where things can slow to a crawl when they become mismatched.

Hope that helps,

Dan

I have everything hard set to 100/Full on the switch, router, and WAE. Two things I may have left out before. These are all Inline, there is no WCCP at all. Also, the WAE's are both core and edge devices for each other.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: