cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SMB Timeouts

metro-jsmith
Level 1
Level 1

I just started experiencing SMB/CIFS timeouts over one of my core clusters when copying any(and I stress ANY) files. The error you would receive indicates that the server connection was interrupted or the location no longer exists. I can RDP to the server, FTP, and basically anything other than transfer files via Windows Copy. Browsing was also painfully slow. I removed the connectivity group for the given server and no more timeout issues. My setup is 2 WAE 612's on each end running balanced fail-over. All are running WAAS 4.0.19.b.14 . I didn't have a problem before and then just out of the blue this popped up. The machines I used for testing the connection are Windows XP(pro) as the client and the server is a Windows 2003 64Bit storage server. Any thoughts on this one?

2 Replies 2

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would definitely hop on the network interfaces and ensure that they are not set to Autonegotiate. Double check both the WAEs and the Switch/Router interfaces. I have seen it in the past where things can slow to a crawl when they become mismatched.

Hope that helps,

Dan

I have everything hard set to 100/Full on the switch, router, and WAE. Two things I may have left out before. These are all Inline, there is no WCCP at all. Also, the WAE's are both core and edge devices for each other.