Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewmail and Outlook 2007 - Installed but No Toolbar or Forms

kmr
Level 1
Level 1

vista SP1, VMO 5.02, Outlook 2007

Although it is installed properly, I cannot get it to show up anywhere in Outlook.

Viewmail Extensions are showing up in TrustCenter, addins, Exchange client extensions. All registry keys are correct and all files exist as they should.

I've removed the application and verified installation was complete by removing files and folders. I've removed/cleared the frmcache.dat and extend.dat files

I've done this multiple times and searched the forum for solutions. Anyone else having this problem with Vista and Outlook 2007? Suggestions?

8 Replies 8

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

We've had some problems with users not having local administrative rights on the PC - here is a registry check I got on cisco.com for applying the proper registry privileges:

How to Apply Proper Registry Privileges

Complete these steps in order to resolve insufficient registry privileges. SubscriberA represents any subscriber who does not have local administrative rights on his or her computer, and who is unable to open the VMO form due to insufficient registry privileges.

1. Grant local administrative rights to SubscriberA, and then log on to the computer of SubscriberA as SubscriberA.

2. Start Regedt.32.exe. You cannot use Regedit.exe in order to perform this procedure.

Caution: If you change the wrong registry key or enter an incorrect value, this can cause the server to malfunction. Before you edit the registry, confirm that you know how to restore it if a problem occurs. A typical backup of the Cisco Unity server does not back up the registry. For additional information, refer to the Restoring the Registry Help topic in Regedit.exe or the Restoring a Registry Key Help topic in Regedt32.exe. If you have any questions about changing this registry key setting, contact the Cisco Technical Support.

3. If you do not have a current backup of the registry, choose Registry > Export Registry File, and save the registry settings to a file.

4. Expand the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes key.

5. While this key is highlighted, choose Security > Permissions.

6. Complete these steps in the Permission For Classes dialog box:

a. Click SubscriberA in the Name box.

b. Click the Read and Full Control boxes.

c. Click OK.

7. Close Regedt32.

8. Log off the subscriber computer, and then log back on with an account that has local administrative rights.

9. Remove SubscriberA from the local server administrative group.

10. Log off the computer, and then log back on as SubscriberA.

11. Start Outlook, and open the VMO form. You should be able to do so without error.

You can also change the registry privileges for a subscriber without the need to grant the subscriber local administrative rights. In order to do so, first determine which key under HK_USERS belongs to SubscriberA, and then change the permissions under the Software\Classes key as appropriate.

Another thing to check is dcomcnfg - Default properties tab that this box is checked - "Enable Distributed COM on this computer".

Regards, Ginger

Thank you for the extensive explanation. The user does have Full control and Read permissions for the HKCU\Classes key on the PC.

To reiterate, neither the VMO toolbar, Outlook menu item "Viewmail Options", nor the VMO form appears in Outlook.

I have Unity 7.02 and Vista as my client. Exchange 2007 but had 2003 before. vmo 7.02. Everything works fine for us I am sorry to say I did not have to set anything up special for it to work. Do you have Exchange 2007?

There is some thing is the installation guide for that.

get back we me on that.

rlp

Unity 4.2 and Exchange 2003 SP2. Both have been in place for a while and this particular vista client (my laptop to be exact) is exhibiting this issue.

This is the only vista client on my network and the XP clients are all working fine.

I find this unusual and have always been able to fix issues with VMO in the past.

We are running Unity 5.0 Exch 2003sp2 and my box is Windows XP and I'm having the same issue. Cannot get VMO to do anything.

and that's VMO 4.2 I'm having issues with,, is there no answers out there?

I am now leaning towards a user profile issue, not an application or machine problem. I logged into the problem machines with an account that did not have a windows profile (i.e. windows profile created from default user) and VMO worked without issue. More research and I will update this thread.

I have resolved my VMO issue by upgrading to VMO 7.0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: