cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade / Migrate from LMS 3.0 to 3.1

chharris41
Level 1
Level 1

I have LMS 3.0 running on a single server currently. I have s second server and recently received the LMS 3.1 upgrade media. I want to install 3.1 (clean install) on the new server (minus DFM), migrate the 3.0 devices to the 3.1 server and install the new DFM on the original server. Is this "do-able" or would I be better off letting the new 3.1 do it's own discovery, etc.. and start from scratch?

DFM played havoc with the 3.0 install so we uninstalled it - I was told having it on it's own server was the way to go. Any and all comments/suggestions welcomed.

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you want to do is fine. You can install LMS 3.1 on the new server, then follow the LMS 3.1 remote upgrade procedure to restore your 3.0 to your new server. Once you have it working the way you want, you can remove LMS from the old server, and install Common Services 3.2 and DFM 3.1 on it.

Once you have both servers up, you can configure the DFM server to be a DCR and SSO slave to the new LMS server master.

THanks for that J, appreciate it. DO you happen to have a link to the 3.1 Remote Upgrade Procedure?

Also - any issues with 3.1 (like DFM in 3.0) with .NET Framework 2.0?

Thanks again!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.1/install/guide/instl.html#wp1398872

No. The DLL conflict was fixed in DFM 3.0.3, and the fix was incorporated in DFM 3.1.

Great - I will post my results when once I get this done.

The migration went very well following the steps in the migration guide.

Only 1 issue is outstanding - device discovery shows all of the router loopback interfaces (which I configured discovery to use for management) as unreachable. Not sure why since all devices are reachable and "green" on topology map, etc. and config collection jobs (and others) are successful. I can ping the loopbacks from the LMS server and vice-versa. The seed devices I configured for CDP, GLobal and Routing Table are the loopback addresses (which is how I had them in the previous version. Please advise on how to troubleshoot this one.

THanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: