Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1252 with catalyst 2960-8TC-L & router 1841 compatibilty

s.abubasheer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

First are they togther a good combination?

I'm going to buy new ap 1252 and catalyst switch 2960-8TC-L my question can I connect the ap to port 1x10/100/1000Base-T/SFP (mini-GBIC)(uplink)?

because to work on ap with full capacity 300 mbps it needs 1000 port, for powering ap I'll use powerinjector .

this will sereve 15 pc as a workgroup and 60 clients on wlan.

Regards

saher

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depending on what kind of traffic and bandwidth requirements the clients require, you might need a couple more ap's which means you might have to settle for a 24 port switch. Cisco recommends 15 - 25 users per so, but again, you can have more if it's just email and web browsing.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depending on what kind of traffic and bandwidth requirements the clients require, you might need a couple more ap's which means you might have to settle for a 24 port switch. Cisco recommends 15 - 25 users per so, but again, you can have more if it's just email and web browsing.

-Scott

thanks fella5, yes it's just for email and web browsing only,please still need a clear answer for my question can I connect the ap to that port 1x10/100/1000Base-T/SFP (mini-GBIC)(uplink), as a vlans trunk port ?

regards

saher

Yes you can.

-Scott

Thank you again you always help.

BR

saher

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card