Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1252 with catalyst 2960-8TC-L & router 1841 compatibilty

s.abubasheer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

First are they togther a good combination?

I'm going to buy new ap 1252 and catalyst switch 2960-8TC-L my question can I connect the ap to port 1x10/100/1000Base-T/SFP (mini-GBIC)(uplink)?

because to work on ap with full capacity 300 mbps it needs 1000 port, for powering ap I'll use powerinjector .

this will sereve 15 pc as a workgroup and 60 clients on wlan.

Regards

saher

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depending on what kind of traffic and bandwidth requirements the clients require, you might need a couple more ap's which means you might have to settle for a 24 port switch. Cisco recommends 15 - 25 users per so, but again, you can have more if it's just email and web browsing.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depending on what kind of traffic and bandwidth requirements the clients require, you might need a couple more ap's which means you might have to settle for a 24 port switch. Cisco recommends 15 - 25 users per so, but again, you can have more if it's just email and web browsing.

-Scott

thanks fella5, yes it's just for email and web browsing only,please still need a clear answer for my question can I connect the ap to that port 1x10/100/1000Base-T/SFP (mini-GBIC)(uplink), as a vlans trunk port ?

regards

saher

Yes you can.

-Scott

Thank you again you always help.

BR

saher

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: