Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail authentication failure issue

ethanenning
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Users got error "Invalid entry" while Ethey are trying to access Voice Mail from external or internal phones.

I thought it was the user forgot the password. But if they try again later, it'll succeed.

I've seen this issue happening intermittently. Iwould like to trace down the root cause.

Environment: Unity 4.0(5), Windows 2k . CCM 4.1(3)

Any help would be appreciated.

Ethan

3 Replies 3

sopayne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ethan,

On Unity, I'd suggest you enable these traces in the Unity Diagnostic Tool (UDT):

mAcro traces for Conversation and Skinny TSP.

You should set up detailed traces on CM as well.

When the problem recurs, then on Unity gather the AvCsMgr and svchost traces from UDT. The svchost traces will provide the Skinny traces that are much like the CM traces. You can then compare the digits input at the phone or transmitted by the gateway to what Unity is receiving.

If the digit sent is the same as the digit received, then the issue can be further troubleshot in the AvCsMgr traces.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much, Sopayne.

Could you tell me what I should set up detailed traces on CM? in CDR ? what parameters should I choose?

Ethan

So far I haven't received any complains from users regarding this issue. Therefore the log file didn't give us any clue......

Anybody has the similar issue before?

Thanks,

Ethan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: