cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up a Callcenter

johnbonog
Level 1
Level 1

I've setup some test phones to work on configuring a Call Center and its working great. My next question is how does it know which phones are active? If onlyone individual is answering the phone how does it know not to route to the an unmanned phone?

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

In a standard Call Centre setup the calls will only be routed to an Agent that is Logged In and available to take calls. All calls that cannot be routed to an Agent immediately will be Queued up to listen to MOH or Messaging. Once an Agent becomes available the next caller in line will be routed accordingly :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

That's my question is how do I configure the phones so the system knows someone is using it. We are not using the Call Center software on the computer. Thanks!

but you are using the contact centre software right? if so, then you can program a the ip phone service for the user to log into the system via the phone.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a008029e6d5.shtml

I'm not sure what the contact center software is? I'm not sure if we have it!

k but you said you had setup some new phones for the contact centre right? what exactly did you do so far?

if possible a little background on its operation would be great