Views
Helpful
Replies

RONA with CVP not causing agent to go not ready

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Guys,

In CVP I want RONA to act like ti does when Agent Desk Settings control the RONA. Is there any way with CVP to control the RONA taking an agent to Not Ready? Thats what I want :)

Thanks

Chad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The ICM has to place the agent into the Not Ready state. This happens via the Agent Desk Setting RONA timer. Although in CVP you don't redirect the RONA call to a Dialed Number like you would in an IP-IVR environment. Once the Agent Desk Setting RONA Timer is hit the agent is thrown Not Ready. The CVP RONA will then invoke causing the call to requery, assuming this has been enabled in your Queue To Skill node.

Order of precedence for RONA in CVP environement.

Agent Desk Setting>CVP Timer>CUCM Line Setting for RNA

Example settings...

Agent Desk Setting 12

CVP SIP Timer 15

CUCM Line Setting >16 or none

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It should do that automatically. As you probably know with CVP the RONA is controlled by CVP not Agent Desk Setting and RONA RNA global parameter will pull the call back after specified timer, and will indeed put the agent in Not Ready.

Chris

I can confirm RONA works as suspected and goes back to queue etc etc.. but will not put the agent in not ready. The agent is staying ready..

Chad

The ICM has to place the agent into the Not Ready state. This happens via the Agent Desk Setting RONA timer. Although in CVP you don't redirect the RONA call to a Dialed Number like you would in an IP-IVR environment. Once the Agent Desk Setting RONA Timer is hit the agent is thrown Not Ready. The CVP RONA will then invoke causing the call to requery, assuming this has been enabled in your Queue To Skill node.

Order of precedence for RONA in CVP environement.

Agent Desk Setting>CVP Timer>CUCM Line Setting for RNA

Example settings...

Agent Desk Setting 12

CVP SIP Timer 15

CUCM Line Setting >16 or none

Even though I figured this out 3 years ago, its still right and is good infromation for the public!  Right on JP!

haha... didn't even notice the date until you mentioned it.. just stumbled upon it researching a RONA issue and figured I'd reply since it was fresh on my mind.. I do have a separate RONA question I'm about to pose to the forum regarding non-ICM, direct dialed calls to an agent extension controlled by CTIOS. Stay tuned.