cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

phone proxy

pjweppner
Level 1
Level 1

Does Phone Proxy 1.0 offer encrypted communications or do you have to use the ASA to get encryption? My research says that the proxy doesn't offer any security between phone and proxy but I have a really upset customer and keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks.

Cheers.

4 Replies 4

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

We have phone proxy 1.0 I will check for you.

Randy

We are a very secure site.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The phone uses TLS encryption to protect the session back to the ASA if setup properly. There are some DoS vulnerabilities to PhoneProxy though as it is not really authenticating the device in any way other than to bring up the TLS proxy. The UCM node that the ASA is pointed to is somewhat exposed to the outside world because of this, esp if a phone is lost/stolen as every phone uses the same key.

Also, I believe the first release does not support encrypting the PC Port but please confirm the docs. When I saw this in alpha form in a class, it wasn't there and no one was saying it would be...

Nicholas Poole
Level 1
Level 1

The PhoneProxy appliance supports optional encryption. The encryption can be turned on just between the remote internet phones and the PP, without the need for encryption back to CCM

thank you all for your responses

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: