Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks NCM: Driver for 1800er Series

grafchristian
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

during my evalutation of Cisco Works Network Compliance Manager I found that there is no special "Driver" for the 1800er.

For example when I add one of our "Cisco 1812" Routers the automatically assigned driver is "Cisco routers, IOS, unrecognized model number or IOS version".

I already installed the latest Driver Update (CWNCM13_IDU_4670-060608_win-K9.exe) and updated to ServicePack 2.

Is no special driver required or will one be availale soon? Which disadvantages are there due to that generic driver?

Regards,

Christian

3 Replies 3

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

The following URL includes the information regarding device drivers supported by Cisco Works Network Compliance Manager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_network_compliance_manager/device_drivers/idu_june_2008/IDU6_08.html#wp66521

Of course the page says, that the 1800 Series is supported and I can access and manage the device.

But anyhow I was wondering why I get the following information when looking at the Device Summary page (especially the "Driver Name" Field):

Vendor: Cisco

Model: 1812 (C181X series)

Software Version: 12.4(15)T

Driver Name: Cisco routers, IOS, unrecognized model number or IOS version

Device Type: Router

While trying to deploy a new Software Image to the router, I got the following message:

"This device does not support software upload. No options for uploading files will be displayed."

Huh? Why should this nice product not support software upload? Might this be related to the "unknown" driver?

On the "Software Images" Page I have an Image, which would be appropiate and I have set the "required driver" field to 'any'.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: