CVP call timer

Unanswered Question
Aug 22nd, 2008
User Badges:

Hey all,

I am on CVP 3.1, ICM 7.0 and am trying to script out logic that would terminate a call after an alloted amount of time; ie 5 minutes.

I don't see any call parameters (let me know if I am missing something on this front) that I can achieve this with so I have been fooling around with the Built-In functions provided by Cisco and am running into issues there as well.

No matter which built-in I work with I always end up with a requirement to use either the now() or the date() to compare and store information. That said, those functions return floating-point value's for dates that I am not really sure how to manipulate. How can I add five minutes to 148887 (today's float date) for comparison later in my script?

Thanks,

Fred

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
david.macias Fri, 08/22/2008 - 06:29
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Not 100% sure what you're trying to do. If you're trying to end a call after it has been in Q for 5 minutes just check the call time in queue and compare it against 300 seconds. This is done through an ICM routing script.

david

gtechfred01 Fri, 08/22/2008 - 07:06
User Badges:

I want to limit inbound IVR calls to 5 minutes to complete their transaction.

Call is not in queue, it is receiveing IVR treatment only, Call.TimeInQueue show's as 0 when running a test through a 30 second Run Ext. Script.

I have been trying to timestamp in a call variable the begin time and do periodic checks in my subsequent ICM call flow scripts against that Var1 value. When the difference is > 300 seconds I want to run alternate ICM scripts.

Fred

david.macias Fri, 08/22/2008 - 07:19
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

I don't speak VXML at all, would like to, but I don't. :( What you could do is Q the call to a SG with no agents and now you have a perfectly good timer to use.

david

gtechfred01 Fri, 08/22/2008 - 07:21
User Badges:

Some additional info on my last paragraph, using the now() or date() returns 148887 for today's date. How can I add seconds to a floating point value?

gtechfred01 Fri, 08/22/2008 - 08:18
User Badges:

Thanks for the suggestion, my only question there is I am not sure what that will do from a capacity standpoint. I know I have the CVP ports to play my messaging, but does sticking the call in that queue also eat up additional router resources?

Anybody else out there know how to manipulate the floating-point value dates returned by ICM?

Actions

This Discussion