Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Unity

ra_jeshkalra_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am forwarding the IPCCX IVR call to CCM(Dummy Phone), which then forwards to unity.

1)Created a CTI route point and then added DN to it 500, used existing voice mail profile(used by IPTEL users with the same setup)

OR

1)Created a Phone with Dummy MAC, assigned it a DN 500, forward all calls to voicemail.(see screenshots)

In Unity, I create a subscriber, after importing a user from Domino(we use Unity UM integrated to Domino -Lotus 6.5)..as the mailbox in same page, i entered 500.

The call connects to unity, but I get the message:

"Cisco unity messaging system - from a touchtone telephone, please dial a extention antime, for directory extention please press 4 otherwise please hold to leave general message.............................e.t.c"

I also tried to register 500,by using * in response to the message from unity, the voicemail as first time user, but after that also get the same above message!!

Any idea what is the problem?

Thanks

14 Replies 14

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that does not sound like a problem really, Unity uses the original called party number to route to a mailbox, so unity must be receiving the DN from the UCCX and not from the phone you're using to re-reroute to unity. that is WAD, if you're using unity 5.x there is an option to use the last redirecting DN, if so let us know to post instructions. if not, look below

confirm this by looking at the call viewer from unity.

options are to create a call routing rule or to use a translation pattern to modify the data

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi,

I am using unity 4.5.

The idea is to forward all calls to voicemail fdom IPCCx IVR, if all agents are busy.So I am using a dummy phone with DN 500.

500 is not a physical phone.

Attaching the acreenshot from call viewer.

Note:In the screenshot customer calls from CLID 67289340..

As per the screenshot from call viewer it seems unity is getting DNIs as 500, and not 2540 whchi is DNIS to reach IVR.

what is the issue?

Hi,

Dumb question, but can someone tell me what WAD is.

From javalenc "that is WAD, if you're using unity 5.x "

Hi Keith,

No such thing as a dumb question :)

WAD = Working As Designed

Hope this helps!

Rob

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Unity is working as designed. Unity will not send the forwarded number..It sends only the called number..Here the Called number is the IPCX number..To over come this..you need to create a new profile eg call it 500...Change the mask to 500..This way when the call is forwarded to unity it will send the number of the subscriber 500 and you will hear the subscriber's greetings

HTH, pls rate rate useful posts

Please rate all useful posts

Hi,

I am using unity 4.5.

The idea is to forward all calls to voicemail fdom IPCCx IVR, if all agents are busy.So I am using a dummy phone with DN 500.

500 is not a physical phone.

Attaching the acreenshot from call viewer.

Note:In the screenshot customer calls from CLID 67289340..

As per the screenshot from call viewer it seems unity is getting DNIs as 500, and not 2540 whchi is DNIS to reach IVR.

BUT--> it shows ?500... is ? a problem.

what is the issue?

Deji is right and this just confirms what i mentioned on my 1st post.

BTW, there is no unity 4.5 but it does not matter really, no 4.x can use the last redirecting number to route to mailbox. only unity 5 and above can do this

options have already been mentioned

call routing rule for FW calls

a translation pattern + call routing rule

or the VM profile that Deji mentions

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Rajesh,

Thought I might as well join in with two of my faves, Jaime and Deji :)

It seems that this clip;

"I also tried to register 500,by using * in response to the message from unity, the voicemail as first time user, but after that also get the same above message!!"

Indicates that Unity does not recognize 500 as a valid subscriber at this time. Until this can be registered in Unity and complete the first time enrollment you are going to have problems.

Can you try setting up 500 on a real IP Phone and ensure that Unity will see it as a valid subscriber then see how this works. I think in the end the CTI Route point should be fine but first things first :)

The fact that the Call Viewer sees 500 is an encouraging sign.

Let us know,

Rob

Does that mean unity can see 500 correctly and ?500 is not a problem and I don't need to create a translation profile as mentioned by Jaime and Deji.

2.Is it a must for first time registration 500 should be associated to a physical phone?

Thanks. I more or less understood the problem.

Let me present the next interesting scenario related to this.

the agents will have a 4 digit first line as DID, and second line as 3 digit contact centre extn.

The customer wants the vicemail for call centre customers, to go on the secong line(3 digit extn) as an envelop and MWI should be off for this.

Suppose I get 500 problem working , how can i expand further to get this message flashed as "envelope" to all the agents, this should be picked up by any agent by dialing 500 on unity. Does this sound achievable.

Any other easy solution is "welcome".

There is a feture called message waiting on each subscriber in unity.

You can enable different extensions for mwi notification. On the 500 number just add the mwi extension (each agent extension) When a voice mail is left for 500 all the agents in 500's mwi extension will be notified.

For users to dial directly to the 500 Voice mail box, all you need to do as I suggested earlier is to create a voice mail profile for 500 with a mask of 500. You can then assign the extension number of the agent (the 2nd number on the phone) to this profile. All the agent will do to listen to this VM, is select the 2nd button, when they get a tone, press the message button. They will be taking directly to the 500 VM Box.

Alternatively you can create a dial in direct to 500. Eg creat a cti_RP with extension *500. CFA to VM. assing it to the 500 mask. WHhen a user dials *500, callmanager strips the 500 and sends it to unity.

So there different ways to get around it.

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Rob and hi everybody here

i think me and rob addressed the same issue to this problem formerly

Rajesh

just have alook at the following link which contain a good discussion that adrress a case similer to yours

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc18b0c/11#selected_message

thank you

Marwan

Hi,

Marwin , please send me the link..

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: