Views
Helpful
Replies

Lan-to-Lan Vpn works but can't access internal resources

jmarsh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am working on setting up a lan-to-lan vpn between an 1811 router and 851 router. I have the configuration set so that I can ping servers and computers on both sides of the vpn. The tunnel seems to be up, but I think I am missing a step here. I have a server and exchange server behind one side of the vpn tunnel. I thought that with the tunnel set up I could log-in just like I was in the local office, but my exchange and network drives won't connect. Am i missing something in DNS or routing somewhere?

Thanks,

Jason

2 Replies 2

singhsaju
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Jason,

If you can ping the servers, then it can be Fragmentation/MTU issue , where you will have to adjust TCP MSS value on the VPN end devices.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008081e621.shtml#Issues

Example:

ip tcp adjust-mss 1360

HTH

Saju

Thank you for your help that was exactly what was wrong. Could you tell me how to check that you solved the problem. I don't see a box or area to designate this. I want to make sure you get credit for your help.

Thanks again,

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: