cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5 - Unified Messaging - no email notification and VM question.

davidme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

In Unity with unified Messaging (v5(0)1) - how do I stop email notifications from being sent when a voicemail is sent?

I would assume this is set in COS but I have played around with the settings and can't get it to work.

Second question - how does a subscriber set their voicemail up so they can leave an announcement (e.g. out the office till 5pm - call Jane in the meantime) - but the caller can't leave a message?

Regards

Dave

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Dave -

Message Notification is configured on the Subscriber template, which settings are applied when a user is imported/created in Unity. You can use Bulk Edit to change this information for all subscribers. However, a subscriber can re-enable this setting for himself using PCA or TUI conversation. I checked the user guide for 5.x and did not find a setting whereby a user could disable taking a message as the post-greeting option. An administrator can do this for a subscriber by going to the Greeting link in Unity SA and update the "After Greeting" section. Here's the user guide for Unity Assistant - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/user/guide/assistant/ex/cuugasstepdf.pdf

Ginger

hi Ginger,

Thanks for that though in trying to stop email notification, I have looked and can't find a way of turning this off. If I make any changes - do I then need to restart the Unity service?

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave -

I don't believe there is a global setting available, like in Advanced Settings Tool, to disable message notification for all subscribers. However, to perform message notification, Unity needs one or more (least busy) ports checked for Message Notification. You can check this out in the Unity SA - Ports. If you make a change, just save the changes. It does not require a Unity service to be stopped.

Ginger