cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Class of service template access

askq2forum
Level 1
Level 1

We need to setup a COS that only gives access to password resets - we select those options only in system access but unfortunetly this also gives the subscriber access to change template settings (we don't want them to have that access).Unity 5.01...Cheers, jag

15 Replies 15

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

unfortunately that's as granular as you can get with the access and COS. no way to give only permission to see and reset the pwd

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

OK thanks for the reply, any official Cisco doc to support that - need to show customer...cheers, jag

Ben Cook
Level 4
Level 4

I am attempting to configure my Help Desk subscribers in their own COS to allow them to unlock VM passwords.

Cisco TAC told me that the only way they can log in is to be a domain admin. Is this correct?

I am using Unity 4.0.4, and I cannot get this to work.

no they do not, I have the exact same setup for my help desk and they are not domain admins.

created cos and template for them

Randy

If you wsnt to know more contact me offline

yep, that is exactly what I have. They have their own COS and Subscriber template.

Do they use their AD login to access SAWeb?

when they are logged into thier workstation with ad login yes they just need to go to IE and access the webpage of the SA

http:///Web/SA/

if you do get asked for a login then it is their ad login.

There Unity subscriber account needs to be a member of the COS.

and the cos has to be set up like my attachment.

Randy

Correct. That is exactly what I have. When they attempt to hit /Web/SA , their AD credentials do not work.

try

\

then password

Randy

That doesn't work either. I've tried everything, and Cisco TAC couldn't help me one bit. I have done this on a Voicemail Only Unity solution, but never tried on a unified messaging integration. Does Unity check their login against the Domain AD, or some other sort of directory?

yes it is IE and a domain login only.

What happens exactly whey you type the URL in IE and hit enter.

try Unity IP address instead of servername.

Is there a firewall between the help desk subscribers and the Unity server that is preventing access?

No, the server and the end users are on the inside of the firewall.

It continues to prompt me to log in, then it gives me the Error: Access Denied screen.

I've also tried local IP address, that didn't work. I have tied the fully qualified domain name, no go either.

Sorry I was in a meeting. Are the subcribers in your helpdesk admins of there local workstations?

The do not need to be admins of the Unitu for sure.

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: