cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

updating The exclude List on LMS 2.6

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

I had exclude AP's from LMS almost 2500 devices,new AP's added on the network frequently, how the easy way to include those new AP's on the exclude list. can I added the hos name and the IP address directly on the exclude file is working?

because when I tried to exclude from common services-device management- get the warning the current exclude file will be over write. I don't want to over write, i just want to added. or I may create multiple exclude list every time AP's added on the network?

thanks in advance!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The format is as follows for the exclude list file:

; This file is generated by DCR Export utility

Cisco Systems NM Data import, Source=DCR Export; Type=DCRCSV; Version=3.0

;

;Start of section 0 - Basic Credentials

;

;HEADER: management_ip_address,host_name,domain_name,device_identity

All you need to add a device is really its name or IP. So, an entry may look like:

Or:

,routerA,,

Or:

,routerB,mycompany.com,

You don't need to perform a DCR export to generate the file. Just make sure the above header is in the file, then manually add the entries as needed.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you will need to do is keep appending devices to be excluded from your exclude list file. When you have new devices, just reimport that file. It won't matter than the existing list is overwritten since the file contains ALL devices to be excluded.

Thanks J, but when importing new device and over write the old list are gone, I have only 10 devices on the exclude list now instead of 2500.

Does the import file contain all 2500 devices? That is what I meant. Make sure your import file contains ALL the devices you want to exclude.

Thanks May be my bad explanation hard to understand.let me try again! last week I did exclude my 2500 AP's and saved the exclude on my CW application partition as exclude_file.

ok today I want added another 10 Ap's to added with earlier 2500 AP's. what I did. go to common services-Device and Credentials Device--> Management. I have use the exclude button- browse my " exclude_file" and apply it. of course overwrite the previous data and now I have 10 devices on my list.

J, you are talking about "importing file" which one is the import file? contain all devices? the online help only taking about exclude devices. not about exclude device file or updating the file. unless I missed it some where. Thanks again!!!!!!!!

Try this. Delete the current exclude list from DCR (i.e. check the box to remove the excluded device list). Apply that change. Re-open the Exclude window, and re-import for exclude_file from the file system. Is the list up to 2510?

the exclude_file which is created last week contain 2500. that not include 10 AP's I want to try add on that file.

my question is, this process will be on going for me since we are adding devices at least 5 or 6 every week. that means I have to update my exclude file at least every other week. what is the simple way to do the update ongoing bases.

The easiest way, assuming the procedure I sent you previously works, is to add the new devices to the file, then clear the existing list from DCR, and import the new exclude_list file.

my last question hopefully,how to create new exclude list every week, because all my 2500 AP's are removed from DCR.when I want create the exclude list, I am only able to create for new devices because all other 2500 AP's removed there is no record about them.so every week I am able create exclude file for newly added devices because once they are on exclude list I am removing from DCR, unless I have to keep the exclude device on DCR, I don't thing that make sense, because my all intention is not to have AP's on LMS.

The format is as follows for the exclude list file:

; This file is generated by DCR Export utility

Cisco Systems NM Data import, Source=DCR Export; Type=DCRCSV; Version=3.0

;

;Start of section 0 - Basic Credentials

;

;HEADER: management_ip_address,host_name,domain_name,device_identity

All you need to add a device is really its name or IP. So, an entry may look like:

Or:

,routerA,,

Or:

,routerB,mycompany.com,

You don't need to perform a DCR export to generate the file. Just make sure the above header is in the file, then manually add the entries as needed.

grate!!!that was my thinking but same time tought may be LMS only can generate that list. this is more easy. thank you so much for your patience and and explanation!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco