Views
Helpful
Replies

2800 router troubleshooting

varouj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Point to Point T1 using two 2800 routers, which I've noticed many Line Code Violations on, as well as path code violations, when I run the "sh controller t1" command.

My connection is up and running but certain type of activities seems to be slow. For example copy and browse is OK but login and loading files over the P to P is slow. Any idea how I can trouble shoot the error messages? I've checked with our ISP and they are telling me thier line is test OK and clean. Thank you

6 Replies 6

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Varouj

In my experience line code violations and path code violations are usually related to some hardware or circuit issue. You might try an alternate card (if you have a spare), try changing cables, and that kind of thing. I would also suggest that you ask the provider to re-test the circuit.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thank you for your reply. We've done both of your suggestion already. We have 3 T1 cards in the router and are currently only using one. So I swapped the T1 card already. Verizon did intrusive testing and says their line is clearn. The only thing I haven't tested is my cable connecting to phone company's jack. I'll try it. Thank you

garytayl
Level 3
Level 3

One of the first things you need to confirm/discard is if there are HW problems, with the router/card. One way to do this is by running a HW loopback test.

In case needed, here is some info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk628/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a754b.shtml#csudsu_hw

I have more than 1 T1 card in the Router not being used, so I switched cards and it's still doing the same thing. Is that as good as the cable test you're suggesting?

Lets not discard that the slot (s) of the router(s)might be the problem here.

Good point I swapped the T1 controller but I didn't try different controller in a different slot. I will be going up to the remote location next week and try your suggestions. Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card