Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN not working from one site

dirkmelvin
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone explain to me these errors?

This is from 2 separate connection attempts, from one PC. It will not connect to my PIX, but I have 2 other PCs at different locations that can connect with no problem.

What I am assuming is there is a firewall or router blocking something about VPN from the inside to the outside world?

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dirk

The logs that you posted show that the intial phase 1 negotiation of ISAKMP are successful and the phase 1 SA is established as shown in these messages:

74 14:02:40.986 08/22/08 Sev=Info/4 CM/0x6310000E

Established Phase 1 SA. 1 Crypto Active IKE SA, 0 User Authenticated IKE SA in the system

75 14:02:40.986 08/22/08 Sev=Info/4 CM/0x6310000E

Established Phase 1 SA. 1 Crypto Active IKE SA, 1 User Authenticated IKE SA in the system

The next thing is this:

Client sending a firewall request to concentrator

and it seems that then the negotiations do not progress and there is a series of retransmissions and eventual failure.

I wonder if the other PCs that are working are set up the same way that this one is, especially relative to any firewall?

I also noticed these messages in the logs:

Remote end is NOT behind a NAT device

This end IS behind a NAT device

and I wonder if the other PCs that work are also begind a NAT device?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

thiru.vel10
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you both so much for the feedback, I will look into this over the next day or two and post my findings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card