cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP to IP call across WAN with fallback

jbnetvsec
Level 1
Level 1

I'm attempting to set up a call between two IP phones across a WAN. I currently have a translation pattern set up for the central site phone to call the branch site phone and it works fine.

The problem is that if the WAN circuit goes down, the call goes to voice mail. I need the call to fallback to the PSTN through the central site gateway.

If I remove the translation pattern and use a route pattern and dial-peer on the gateway, the remote phone will ring, but the call will not connect when answered, the central site phone just keeps ringing.

Is there a better way to do this?

I'm using g711ulaw in and between all of the regions.

Central Site w/srst --> Branch Site w/srst

This is the dial-peer on the central router

dial-peer voice 102 voip ****Remote phone rings but does not connect.

description *On-Net calling to IP phones*

translate-outgoing called xxx *** converts to 7-digit

preference 1

destination-pattern 8xxxxxxxxxx

voice-class codec 1

voice-class h323 1

session target ipv4:10.10.1.1 ***CCM server or to Branch gateway same result

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad

Any ideas are appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

can u post both sides pots dial-peers

because u said ur problem with pstn calls

Meant to do that earlier.

Tail-end hop off works fine from the central site out through the branch gateway as well.

This is the branch site dial-peer for voip and pstn

dial-peer voice 100 voip

description **Primary CCM Sub2**

translation-profile incoming block

preference 1

destination-pattern 55511.. ***Local IP Phone prefix

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind progress enable 8

voice-class codec 1

voice-class h323 1

session target ipv4:10.10.1.1 ***Central site CCM server

dtmf-relay cisco-rtp h245-signal h245-alphanumeric

no vad

When the WAN is down it goes to VM, is the Call Forward not Registered pointing to VM ? CUCM has no knowledge of the phone when the WAN is down so becomes unregistered so technically you could use this manor to forward to the Telco DDI number however the issue you have is that CCM also uses this for logged off handsets if you use Mobility ? if you do not use Mobility then no problem however be aware disconnecting the phone has the same effect. Another option is to use the AAR in that when the WAN is down , set the AAR bandwidth to 1K so to invoke AAR - overflow to Telco

When the WAN goes down it does point the number to VM. I'm not using mobility on any of the phones.

I currently have the central site callers dial the 11 digits for long distance to the branch site. They use a dial-peer on the central router to the PSTN. I can create a preference 1 voip dial-peer before the SRST pots dial-peer to redirect it across the WAN. The problem is that the branch phone will ring, but the call will not connect when it's answered. The central site phone will continue to hear ringing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: