CCIE voice, when is cisco going to change CM version

Unanswered Question
Aug 24th, 2008

hi,

I was about to buy some study materials about CCIE voice lab, and I was just wondering whether it wouldn't be better to wait until cisco update the CCIE lab, before I buy. currently the CM is based on version 4.1, how long before version 6 becomes the official version

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
rob.huffman Sun, 08/24/2008 - 06:11

Hi Kaine,

Here is an answer to this question from Ben Ng @ Cisco from a great CCIE-V Ask the Expert event;

Hi Ben,

First off, many thanks for your participation here :) A question that keeps popping up is;

"When will the CCIE - Voice exam topics switch from CCM 4.x based to CUCM 6.x based?"

Any definitive answer here (or even a "best guess?")

Thanks so much!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the welcome and popping the most popular question these days.

Unfortunately I don't have an definitive answer for you at this time - we are still working through the process of deciding on the next round of equipment list and version upgrades

Our announcement will come out at least 6 months before the actual event, and for those who are planning their study efforts, I don't think the upgrade will take place in calender year 2008.

Stay toned.

-ben

From this great "Ask the Expert" event;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Career%20Certifications&topic=Certifications&topicID=.ee702b1&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc0c05a

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion