cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

international break out via translation pattern when remote gateway down.

littledavewhite
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for some dial plan advice please.

I have users in the US dialing the UK via the international code.

901144xxxxxxxxx

i have a translation pattern changing this to 90xxxxxxxxxx, the call then points to a uk H323 gateway and the call works fine. The problem i have is when the UK gateway is down or all ports busy i want the call the break out in the US as an international call, but the translation has already converted the call to a uk number ? can i apply further number manipulation on the us gateway? will it clash with other numbers in the us and think they are local. I'm sure this is a pretty common issue.

many thanks.

1 Reply 1

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

what i suggest u is remove this translation pattren

and make a normal route pattren point to that dialed number

bu before that do the forllowing to achieve redundant gateways

creat two gateways in ur CCM

one for UK and other for US

then

creat two route groups each route group contain on of the above gateways

then creat a route list the include the both route groups u have created

and on each route grouup level do the proper numbring transformation that is required to route the dialed number to the required Distination through that gateway

and finaly creat a normal route pattren with ur dialed number like 90xxxxxxxxxx

and selct the route list u create in the route list section

in this case the call will go to this list and go to the first listed route grou>gateway if not available will use the next listed one

and any one available will route the call with the transfomation applied to it

Note:The digit transformations that are done at the route group level within a route list override those that are defined at the route pattern level. The best practice is to do the manipulations at the route group level within a route list, to avoid configuration mistakes.

good luck

please, if helpful Rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: