Catalyst 2950 question

Unanswered Question
Aug 24th, 2008

I need some assistance in how to get internet access accross my LAN. I have attached an image so you can see my system. I have internet access coming from the ourside and into my office and that is available via data port one on the bottom part of the rack. Currently I do not have anything plugged into that so obviously I dont have internet. To the right of that I have my phone lines, and the white cables above are all the phone lines. My question is how do I get the intnert access available in data port one to be available to all my network sockets?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
spremkumar Sun, 08/24/2008 - 07:56

I feel you are not using any router over there and hope the links is through ethernet drop.

If thats the case then you need to manually setup a proxy server to get your internet access enabled.

If you need more assistance do post more details about your network.

digbycolm Sun, 08/24/2008 - 08:21

Thanks for the response. The setup we have is that the internet comes to data port one via copper ethernet I think. A seperat company then setup our internal lan. So now I am a bit lost as to how to join the two so that I can access the internet accross the lan. in the image you can see the top 3 routers all elad to wall sockets, the bloack one at the bottom are the link to the outside. Currently the catalyst 2950 is not connected to either so I assumed it was the link between the two? Is this the case? If yes how is it connected to the outside internet?

This Discussion