Replies

Voice mail doesn't work.

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have the following:

Callmanager 4.2 with AD integration

Unity Voice mail using existing Exchange server.

The problem is that people can leave a message but the end user never hears this.

What works:

- I can create new Unity users from AD

- End user can complete the self enrollment (personalize prompts and PIN)

- People can call the end user and after some rings the Unity responds correctly and you leave a message after the beep.

- On the end user's phone the red light never switches on, and when end users checks for new messages, the unity lady says: You have no new messages"

Any idea what might be the issue?

thanks,

JH

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well you can run PW all day and have it not error but, if your user in question is not inheriting in AD, it will never have permissions to use Unity. Go to Active Directory Users and Computeres and Choose View > Advanced Features. Then look up the user that is having the issue and look at the Security tab. Are there any Unity accounts listed? If not, click the advanced button and make sure the inherit checkbox is checked. Then leave a message for the user and see if it works then.

Tray

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

first thing to check is permissions

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

I have been running the permission wizard, and it returned no error (at least I think so) I shall run it again.

Which permission should I look at?

thanks,

bye,

JH

Well you can run PW all day and have it not error but, if your user in question is not inheriting in AD, it will never have permissions to use Unity. Go to Active Directory Users and Computeres and Choose View > Advanced Features. Then look up the user that is having the issue and look at the Security tab. Are there any Unity accounts listed? If not, click the advanced button and make sure the inherit checkbox is checked. Then leave a message for the user and see if it works then.

Tray

Thanks, that was part of the problem.

Another issue was that the unity_ account was moved to a different OU by customer.

Works fine now,

Bye,

JH

Awesome! Glad it's working for you. Thanks for the rating.

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: