Views
Helpful
Replies

VIC4FXS/DID module

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

Scenario:

We have a small Office that has a single pots line. Phone number is 9633000. We want to use a 2811XM router with IOS version 2.4(20)T and a VIC4FXS/DID module. The Office will have 10 Cisco IP Phones installed. The phones will take inbound calls from the PSTN and make outbound calls to the PSTN using this gateway.

The office is connected to a Corp network with CallManager 6.1. The phones will be registered to CallManager. CCM's IP address is 10.1.10.60.

The phones will have a shared ext on them that should ring when a call comes in from the PSTN to 9633000

Eventually what we would like is for the inbound call from the PSTN to 9633000 to be a CTI RP in CallManager that is directed to a Unity Auto Attendant. Then based on the caller's selection in the AA we could route to the same 10 IP phones internal DN's.

Can you provide assistance with the initial setup to allow the VIC4FXS module to take incoming calls to the shared line on the 10 phones?

I am having issues finding sample config docs for this setup. When I search for VIC4FXS I am only finding samples from 17xx routers and the commands do not appear to work. I have no voice-port command available.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

with FXO u recieve calls from the PSTN

FXS is for analog end points !!

for FXO config do:

voice port [port num]

connection plar opx [extention number like internel ip phone]

then make dial peer to send this number to ur CCM

lets say u need extention number 1000 to recieve the incoming call from pstn to an FXO on port 0/1/0

voice port 0/1/0

connection plar-opx 1000

dial-peer voice 9 voip

destination-pattren 1000

session target ipv4:10.1.10.60

good luck

please, if helpful rate

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

with FXO u recieve calls from the PSTN

FXS is for analog end points !!

for FXO config do:

voice port [port num]

connection plar opx [extention number like internel ip phone]

then make dial peer to send this number to ur CCM

lets say u need extention number 1000 to recieve the incoming call from pstn to an FXO on port 0/1/0

voice port 0/1/0

connection plar-opx 1000

dial-peer voice 9 voip

destination-pattren 1000

session target ipv4:10.1.10.60

good luck

please, if helpful rate