Views
Helpful
Replies

Receptionist IP Phone

marco.mazzoleni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All.

I have just installed a CUCM 6.0.1 System . I have configuread a 7961 Ip Phone for my receptionist.

I whish that who call receptionist, hear music on hold while the phone ring for the call?

I know that if I use tcl script on voice gateway I can play message if receptionist don't answer for a lot of time , but so my call hide on the phone while play message and I have to wait it to return to respond it and also I have call not answer indication on the phone.

Also I know using AC console I can queue my incoming calls until a agent is ready , but I can't view call neither on the AC Console neither on the Phone.

Thank yuo all for reply.

Best Regards

Marco M.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

use broadcast with Q on AC to achieve that, call will show up in the broadcast window of AC

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Marco,

The only option that we have will be to use AC, just make sure that you are using Broadcast hunting algorithm on the pilot and that queuing is enabled, if AC is configured that way, the calls will be displayed on the Broadcast window within AC.

This is the description of Broadcast Hunting from CCO:

"Broadcast Hunting: When a call arrives at the pilot point, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console answers the call, places the call on hold, adds the call to the queue, and displays the call in the Broadcast Calls window on attendant PCs. While on hold, the caller receives music on hold, if it is configured. Any attendant can answer the call from the Broadcast Calls window."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fsccmac.html#wp1144406

* Note: the AC receptionist will need to pull the call from the Broadcast Calls window in order to answer it.

Hope this helps!

Thank you all for yours reply.

Yours solution is valid but for me there are two problem : incoming calls don't ring on phone , I have to pull them on the Ac Console. And further I don't have any signal (ring or display ) on phone for the calls that are waiting on queue.

My receptionist , don't always look to the computer screen so I have to ring their phones when new calls arrive.

Thank you for help.

Best Regards

Marco Mazzoleni

Marco,

Do you have Unity? If that is the case, you can send the call to a call handler that will supervise transfer the call to your receptionist; that way, the caller will hear MOH while the call is transferred.

Hope this helps!

The second option will be to enable call queuing on AC and when all the AC attendants are busy (on call) AC will place the call on the queue and hold it; however, the receptionist will see this call after the current call is ended and the phone is idle and I think that this is what you would like to avoid. Besides these solutions, the only think that I can think is having an IPCC script for this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fsccmac.html#wp1144562

Have a nice day!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: