Views
Helpful
Replies

SCE - Transactional billing from RDR

grega9999
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All!

After analysing data that is gather by collection manager, I've decided to use RPT_TR table for user billing, as it offers a good ammount of information on which we can rate the data. Though, I have one problem - is it possible to get some interim records into RPT_TR? Problem is, that when a user is, for example, downloading a movie or something via Torrent, it doesn't report that untill the session is over (which might be after few giga bytes trasfered), and I'd like to receive some records even before. I tried with RPT_SUR table, I've configured the RDR's in SCA BB service, but I don't receive any records to RPT_SUR table. What do other use for billing of SCE records?!

Another question: I saw this HTTPC adapter, but I cannot find some interesting documentation about that ... can anyone point me to HTTPC adapter documentation?!

Thank you and kind regards,

Dejan Markic

3 Replies 3

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

The HTTPC Adapter receives RDRs, processes them, and sends them to a Policy Server over HTTP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6153/products_user_guide09186a0080937b5d.html#o13704

grega9999
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I still didn't figure out, how to use RDR records for rating data. I'm using RPT_TR table now, but what I found out is, that some sessions simply don't get logged. Why is that!? I'm comparing my accounting records (AAA) from my PDSN with those in RPT_TR and they almost never match. I was doing some analysis and I see that some requests simply don't get to the RPT_TR table. Any suggestions?!

Thanks!

I think you'll want to use Transaction Usage RDRs for billing, but not Transaction RDRs.

"This RDR is designed for services and packages where specific, per-transaction RDRs are required (for example, transaction level billing). " this is from http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/cable/serv_exch/serv_control/broadband_app/rel316/scabbrg/02_SCA_BB_RG.html#wp1055829

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: