cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows ACS 3.1 to 4.2 upgrade

wasiimcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have Windows ACS 3.1 installed. Now i want to upgrade it to 4.2 version. Can anybody tell me the part number of CD that need to be ordered by Cisco and what will be procedure to upgrade. Will the backup of 3.x supported by 4.x. Shall i need to upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2 and then later on 4.x.

Please tell me the procedure and how to order to cisco with part number.

3 Replies 3

jhillend
Level 1
Level 1

The upgrade part number is CSACS-4.2-WINUP-K9

To upgrade from ACS 3.1 to ACS 4.2, you will need to upgrade as follows:

3.1 > 3.3.3(or 3.3.4) > 4.1 > 4.2

Thanks for the reply, will the backup of 3.1 will support 4.2.

how much downtime required for this upgradation and any special instruction before doing the upgradation and during the upgradation.

waiting for reply

Wasim,

No you cannot load backup from 3.1 to any other ver. You need to upgrade 3.1 to 4.2 using path,

3.1--->3.3.3---->4.1--->4.2

During upgrade it will prompt you to "keep existing database" make sure you enable that else you will loose your database.

Best way is to install 3.1 on separate system and restore backup from production acs 3.1 and upgrade step by step to 4.2.

So during that time you don't need any downtime. Once 4.2 is ready simple put it on the network.

It should not take more then 10 mins of downtime. I suggest to do this in off prodn hrs just to be on safe side.

Regards,

~JG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: