cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving skillgroups between peripherals

Patrik Englund
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed 2 new peripheral gateways and ivr's that will be used together with cucm6. Today i have more that 200 skillgroups in IPCC hosted and they are all connected to the old Pg.

When we migrates each site / cusotmer i need to make some changes to the agents, scripts etc. and one big thing is to change all skillgroups from using one peripheral to another peripheral.

These fields are locked in bulk tool so it's tricky. Could i change this directly in the cicm_awdb database without risking any complications?

I use a fully duplex IPCC Hosted system.

5 Replies 5

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

>Could i change this directly in the cicm_awdb database without risking any complications

That would be very tricky. You have to deal with the change stamp field. I would not recommend this. As far as I know, Cisco would not support changing config through the database.

Regards,

Geoff

Is there any way to do this?

I mean something like moving agents, skillgroups and vru from two PG's (CUCM Type PG and VRU Type PG) to 1 Generic

PG?

Regards,

Claudio.

Moving from a UCM + VRU pg to a generic PG would not require moving any skill groups. All your skill groups are already tied to the single UCM peripheral. All you need to do is open the PG explorer tool and drag and drop the CVP peripherals under your first PG. After that change the setup parameters on the Router and PG's to match the new config and you're good to go.

Thank you very much Ed, it seems easy to complete this task. I tried to move it on the PG Explorer but is weird the way you must drag and drop the elements .

I'll test this afternoon by saving it and changing the setup of the router and pg's on my lab environment and let you know how it goes.

Do you know any common issues on moving PIMs on this way? (reporting, agent login, administration, services and all that stuff).

Regards,

Claudio.

I've tryied your recomendations on my lab, seems to be working and it is really easy to move.

Regards,

Claudio.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: