Infocus LiteShow II wireless projector adapter

Unanswered Question
Aug 25th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to know if anyone has worked with the LiteShow II adapter and LWAPP ap's. I have a problem where I set up a WPA-PSK network and the device fails to connect. The client status said that it failed the authentication policy on the WLC. From a laptop everything works fine. I just can't get the device to connect to my LWAPP 1242's. I contacted Infocus about this and they are very slow to respond. I even tried the connection to the wlan with everything set to "open" mode. That didn't work either. Is there some kind of policy that I need to change to allow 3rd party AP's to connect to the wlan as a client? It's almost like a WGB, where the client connects to the Infocus, gets a 10.0.0.x address, and then the infocus bridges the 10.0.0.x network with the wlan's network. Is that not supported with LWAPP ap's? Any insight would be helpful.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
dennischolmes Mon, 08/25/2008 - 10:24
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

We had a similar issue with projectors from a different manufacturer. Try setting the IP addy of the projector manually and if there is a gateway setting on the projector point that to the IP addy of the AP. Also make sure that you have layer 3 for LWAPP transport. Layer 2 will not work.

CFayNTAdmin83 Mon, 08/25/2008 - 11:46
User Badges:

Dennis, what a fantastic concept! I should have thought about that. I will try your suggestions and let you know the results.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode