Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SLA (HTTP) in CiscoWorls 3.01

I want to set up a HTTP test in CiscoWorks IPM to google as a standard latency test to the interent, but I am not sure how to set this up as a user defined test.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, you need an IOS device capable of performing an IP SLA HTTP operation. I'll assume you have added one to DCR, and it's managed by IPM.

Go to IPM > Collector Mgmt > Devices. Click Add Adhoc Target. Add www.google.com.

Go to IPM > Collector Mgmt > Operations and click Create. Give your operation a name, and select HTTP as the type. Adjust your latency values to taste. Click Next.

Enter / as the relative URL. Fill in any required proxy information. Click Next then Finish.

Go to IPM > Collector Mgmt > Collectors. Create a new collector. Choose your IOS source device. Choose the ad hoc target www.google.com. Then choose your newly created HTTP operation. Give your collector a name, and click Next then Next again.

Choose the collector type (either historical or real-time), then choose when you want it to run, and the poller settings. Click Next then Finish.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, you need an IOS device capable of performing an IP SLA HTTP operation. I'll assume you have added one to DCR, and it's managed by IPM.

Go to IPM > Collector Mgmt > Devices. Click Add Adhoc Target. Add www.google.com.

Go to IPM > Collector Mgmt > Operations and click Create. Give your operation a name, and select HTTP as the type. Adjust your latency values to taste. Click Next.

Enter / as the relative URL. Fill in any required proxy information. Click Next then Finish.

Go to IPM > Collector Mgmt > Collectors. Create a new collector. Choose your IOS source device. Choose the ad hoc target www.google.com. Then choose your newly created HTTP operation. Give your collector a name, and click Next then Next again.

Choose the collector type (either historical or real-time), then choose when you want it to run, and the poller settings. Click Next then Finish.

Thank you very much.

Mike

Hi jclarke,

Is the source router running IOS have to be configured with SLA or is this only applied on the target IOS?

My test collector is not showing real-time stats. Does this take a few hours to generate a report?

Please start a new thread for your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco