cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller Identifier Sample in vb.net

sr71blackbird
Level 1
Level 1

I want to develop a simple program to identify caller phone number in vb or c#, it makes no difference.

Is there any sample to begin with, can someone send me the link to some samples, or some code to begin with.

Thanx.

6 Replies 6

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

I have it in JTAPI.

The callerinfo sample is available in Java but you've certainly already seen that. Your problem is that you cannot use Java with .NET... so you need to use TAPI instead.

There's a managed TAPI wrapper called ATAPI.NET which has worked for me and made things rather easy to get started. There's one or two samples to help you get started... it takes a bit of tinkering since there aren't too many samples but I managed to get a device / line state tracking application within a day or so.

Of course you also need to port the AXL code to C# but that shouldn't be too hard since Java and C# are very similar.

Thanks for your help.

Let me discribe my situation here.

I have a "Cisco 2600 Series Modular Access Router" in my network. I need to develop a software that will get the phone number from this router on my pc-s on the LAN.

I have downloaded "CUAE-devtools-2.5.0.8012-BETA1" to start with, but there are no samples with it.

I am a junior in Cisco developing so anything would be helpfull for me to start.

Maybe a link to some samples download would be the best.

Please open my eyes because maybe I am going the wrong way.

Umm.. do you have CallManager Express running on that router?

The CallManager Express probably is running on that router.

There are four PC using IP Phone Software to answer the calls. Each software on each PC identifies the caller number.

It's not me who has done the system.

I need only to get the caller number as it comes on each PC in the IP Phone Software into my own software so I can search my own database for that specific client number.

so you're definitely a candidate for the CME TAPI. Here's the development guide for that API: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/tapi/developer/guide/tapidev.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: