cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA ASDM "Enter Network Password"

dphills18
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone experienced the dialog box for entering network password continuosly poping up every minute or so (When logged into the ASDM on a firewall). If so, please instruct me on how to get pass this annoyance. We use TACACS+ with RSA tokens, so this is a huge problem to keep re-entering the tokwn every minute or so.

5 Replies 5

If you are using read-only mode then look at the folwoing bug.

CSCsr11493

Syed

Where do you configure the read-only mode. How can I change this.

I saw the following statement in Cisco documentation.

"User Privilege-Shows the privilege of the ASDM user."

We are using TACACS+ with RSA tokens. How do I set this so that I am a sufficient privilege.

nobody

Hello. This is an issue I ran into fairly recently. ASDM sends multiple authentication requests to the TACACS+ server when you launch it. Because of this, and due to the fact that an RSA token is a one time password, you are being prompted multiple times. If the password wasn't changing every time you use it, it would just authenticate you about 8 times and you wouldn't see the individual prompts. This is a known issue and as far as I know, there isn't a workaround planned for it yet. The way we got around it when I ran into it was by adding direct AD authentication as an additional external database in ACS and put it first in the 'unknown user' list order. Currently, if I use my username only, it requires the RSA token, if I put the AD domain before my name, it sends it directly to the AD server and doesn't require the token. This was our only way around it for ASDM tacacs+ access in this environment. I hope that this issue gets resolved as I would like to go back to only RSA tokens for access.

Thanks,

Jeff

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card