Helpful
Replies

Outbound Option Multiple Dialers Configuration

erwin.stevanus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Here is my setup:

Duplex MRPG with 2 Pims connected to 2 Dialers. Each dialer has 30 ports.

My question is, how do I configure the Campaign if I need to use all the ports from both Dialers (2x30) for a single campaign?

Do I have to create 2 Skillgroups and associate them with the dialed number from each dialer?

Is there any way to setup a single campaign to use 1 skillgroup and use 2 dialers?

Regards

Erwin

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Edward Umansky
Level 4
Level 4

Outbound option will automatically use all available dialers on the same peripheral as the skill groups configured for the campaign. Whatever dialed number string you configure for the skill group in campaign settings, you will need to configure that dialed number for each of the two dialer routing clients and associate both dn's to the same script.

View solution in original post

Yes, it is expected behaviour.

Campaigns will dynamically seize ports as needed, based on the number of agents available, and the number of calls they need to make. Calls seem to the dialler connected to the first MR PIM, and then overflow onto the second.

We currently have 2 x 96 port diallers, and the second dialler only makes calls when the first dialler is maxed out. If you have multiple campaigns, you can configure the dialled numbers to be on only one MR PIM, to provide dedicated capacity for each campaign - although any campaigns sharing the same dialler will dynamically share those ports.

Also, it is recommended practice to separate the diallers onto separate CM subscribers to balance the dialling load.

Regards,

Corey.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Edward Umansky
Level 4
Level 4

Outbound option will automatically use all available dialers on the same peripheral as the skill groups configured for the campaign. Whatever dialed number string you configure for the skill group in campaign settings, you will need to configure that dialed number for each of the two dialer routing clients and associate both dn's to the same script.

Thanks ed,

I will test this and hopefully this should be ok.

regards

Erwin

Ed,

Thanks for that. it's working. However, the Campaign Manager will only use the first Dialer first and then if all ports on Dialer1 have been used it will then use Dialer2.

Is this the expected behaviour?

Yes, it is expected behaviour.

Campaigns will dynamically seize ports as needed, based on the number of agents available, and the number of calls they need to make. Calls seem to the dialler connected to the first MR PIM, and then overflow onto the second.

We currently have 2 x 96 port diallers, and the second dialler only makes calls when the first dialler is maxed out. If you have multiple campaigns, you can configure the dialled numbers to be on only one MR PIM, to provide dedicated capacity for each campaign - although any campaigns sharing the same dialler will dynamically share those ports.

Also, it is recommended practice to separate the diallers onto separate CM subscribers to balance the dialling load.

Regards,

Corey.

Thanks Corey.

Yes, I have registered both Dialers to 2 different subscribers.

Regards

Erwin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: